What to do if your car is damaged or totaled in a crash...
- Take pictures of the damage
- Let us talk to the insurance company first for you...it doesn't matter if its your insurance company or the insurance company for person who caused the crash
- After we talk to the insurance company we will give them the ok to talk to you directly about getting your vehicle repaired or replaced
- Don't talk to the insurance company about how the accident happened or about your injuries, we can do that for you
- Only talk to the insurance company about repairing the damage to your vehicle or paying you for the value of your totaled vehicle
- You may have a claim for the loss of the value of your vehicle
- It may be quicker to get your vehicle repaired or replaced through your own insurance company if you are willing to pay the deductible
- If you want the other insurance company to pay for the repairs or replacement of your car, it may take a little longer because they will want to investigate the accident by ordering the police report, talking to their insured driver or any witnesses
- If you paid a deductible and your insurance pays for the damage to your car but the crash is determined to be the other person's fault, your insurance company will get reimbursed by the other person's insurance company and you will get your deductible back.
- If your car is totaled, the insurance company will offer you what they think was the fair market value of the car right before the crash...you can check out edmunds.com or autotrader.com to figure out what your car was worth....Never Take the First Offer
- If your car is totaled and you have a loan on your car, the insurance company will pay the loan off first and pay you the difference
If you need help because your car was damaged or totaled in a crash, call us for a free consultation. 314-300-8380