Protect your rights if you are hurt at work
- Your employer is obligated to give you 3 basic benefits when you are hurt on the job:
- Medical treatment (but you have to request it)
- Pay while you are off of work (this is usually 66% of your average weekly wage)
- Payment for a percentage of permanent disability to the body part that was injured (assessed after you are finished with medical care)
- If you are hurt at work, make sure you report the injury to your boss or supervisor
- Make sure your job files a report of injury
- Don't wait to request medical treatment...know that you have a right to medical care through your employer
Remember, if you are hurt at work, your employer has an insurance company and lawyers whose job is to pay you as little money as possible and close your case.
Don't go it alone...make sure you get all the benefits under the law and call us for free at 314-300-8380.